We provide benefits with the employee in mind.
We believe that UMC’s 50 years of success is directly related to the positive culture and high performance standards that drive our high level of customer satisfaction.
As a family-owned business, we pride ourselves on our strong values, teamwork and great culture.
We believe in investing in our people. The strategy is simple: when our people grow, our company grows. The key is linking growth in individuals to those activities that unlock energy and services that our customers value.
Our employees have an unparalleled spirit of commitment and ingenuity. We’re a strong team of skilled individuals working together to create solutions for our customers. We offer many exciting and challenging careers and our employees enjoy competitive salaries and comprehensive benefits. UMC supports professional development and work-life balance resulting in the retention of highly skilled employees.
We are committed to maintaining the health and well-being of our employees.
UMC’s total compensation package offers a wide range of benefits designed to address the diverse needs of our employees and their families. Our competitive salaries are complemented with a benefit program with real financial value which includes medical, dental, vision, disability, life Insurance, health flexible spending, profit sharing, 401(k) and more.
- Health Insurance: UMC offers two different plans, intended to qualify as a High Deductible Health Plan (HDHP) that are paired with a Health Savings Account (HSA).
- Health Savings Account (HSA): UMC’s high deductible plans are complemented with an HSA which is a tax-free account that allows employees to save money to pay for eligible health care expenses. The plan also includes an annual employer contribution.
- Dental Insurance: UMC offers a dental plan which includes two networks that provide preventative and diagnostic services.
- Disability: If an employee is unable to work due to illness or injury, UMC offers Short-Term and Long-Term Disability plans.
- Life Insurance: UMC offers Basic Life Insurance and AD&D, along with a Voluntary life insurance plan for the employee, spouse and dependent children.
- Critical Illness and Accidental Injury Insurance: UMC offers voluntary critical illness insurance which provides a lump-sum benefit following the diagnosis of one of a number of specified diseases or conditions. Accident Insurance pays benefits for specific injuries and events resulting from a covered accident.
- Time Away from Work: UMC feels that a work life balance is important and offers paid time off (PTO) upon hire, and paid holidays based on an observed holiday schedule.
- Bereavement Leave: UMC recognizes that a time of bereavement is a very difficult one for an employee. In this regard, every effort will be made to ensure that the employee is able to attend to family matters and the funeral of the deceased relative.
- Profit Sharing: A discretionary portion of UMC’s profit is set aside and distributed to employees quarterly if the company has reached its profit & performance goals.
- Retirement Benefits: Employees can choose to invest in their retirement by contributing a portion of their gross wages, per IRS regulations to their 401(k) account.
- Employee Development: UMC strongly encourages employees to grow both personally and professionally by pursuing education opportunities. UMC may provide reimbursement to employees who take outside courses leading toward a degree, certification or license.
- Safety Glasses and Safety Shoe Reimbursement: UMC is committed to providing a safe work environment and requires personal protective equipment to be worn in specific areas of the facility. An annual reimbursement is provided to help with the cost of both safety shoes and safety glasses.
- Jury Duty: UMC encourages its employees to be civic-minded. If employees serve on a jury or testify as a subpoenaed witness in a judicial proceeding, employee shall be paid according to UMC policy.
- Uniform Program: Employees are eligible to participate in the Uniform Program upon date of hire. There are several different styles to choose from, laundering is also available.
Additional Programs and Resources
- On-site Workout Room
- On-site Healthy Food Choices
- Confidential Employee Assistance Program (EAP)
- Tobacco Free Environment / Cessation programs available through our medical plans
- Virtual Doctor Visits through our medical plans
- Healthy discount programs through our medical plans
- Discounted Gym Membership Reimbursement through our medical plans
- Scholarships for eligible dependent of employees
- Employee Discounts programs for activities & recreation
Whether you’re a new employee or someone that’s been here for awhile, there are a lot of people that are willing to help you at UMC.Linnea Reilly, Human Resources Generalist