We’re always working together to make a difference.
We demonstrate our commitment to creating a better future by empowering people, building communities, and instilling hope.
UMC gives to non-profits that are working directly within our community. Nonprofits give assistance and voice to those in need, allowing people to share their time and/or talents for the common good. Coming alongside the various nonprofits, UMC has contributed to bringing additional meaning to our work and the chance to meet and encourage amazing people.
Where We Give
During 2022 we contributed $88,406 into three areas of need: health, education, and support for other nonprofits.
HEALTH – $48,386 Just as a healthy community runs well when all sectors pull together, so does the human body. When the physical, mental, and emotional are aligned, the body is healthy, happy, and able to prosper. We focus our giving in the health arena on the entire body by hosting blood drives to fundraising for youth wellbeing. UMC thanks those who work diligently, providing health resources to keep each individual healthy and strong.
EDUCATION – $30,147
UMC employees are driven to share their skills, knowledge, and workplace to enable others to explore their own opportunities. That is why we support and host school robotic teams, invite students to tour and job shadow, and provide in-kind donations to technical colleges. Education unlocks doors, and we want to be that “key” in any way we can.
OTHER NONPROFITS – $9,873
From organizations that provide community assistance to initiatives that make our neighborhoods safer, cleaner, and more beautiful, we support those proactively improving our communities every day.
Building the Future
UMC strives to create opportunities for students to learn, explore, and grow. From local robotics programs that are teaching kids how to put STEM to work, to the Wright Tech CEO program, that encourages young entrepreneurs, our contributions are giving students experiences that build their future. Cash and in-kind donations to tech schools elevate the level of technology students have access to throughout their education, while scholarship funds alleviate financial stress and allow students to focus on their studies. Better opportunities for students means a brighter future for all.
- Job Shadow and Tours for Middle School, High School and College Students
- Advisory Board Member of Alexandria Technical College Machine Tool Program
- Advisory Board Member of Hennepin Technical College Machine Tool Program
- Advisory Member of St. Michael High School Machine Trades Program
- Support MPMA Educational Foundation
- Investor in Wright Tech CEO Program
- Post-High School Scholarships for Machine Trade and Engineering programs
- Financial contribution or donation of equipment, material and/or tooling to Alexandria Technical College, St. Cloud Technical and Community College, Hennepin Technical College, Central Lakes College, St. Cloud State University, Wright Technical Center and Anoka Technical College.
- Job Fairs in Wright Technical Center, St. Michael, Albertville High School, St. Cloud Technical College and Alexandria Technical College
- American Heart Association
- American Cancer Society
- Cub and Boy Scouts of America
- Special Olympics
- International Myeloma Foundation
- Path Crisis Nursery
- Glut1 Deficiency Foundation
- Rivers of Hope
- Ronald McDonald House
- MN Adult & Teen Challenge
- Wright County – Sheriff, Economic Dev Partnership, Soil & Water
- Food Shelves
- Fire Departments
- Boys & Girls Clubs
- American Legion
- MN Family Council
- Party for a Purpose
- Medical Centers
- Hospital Foundations
- School Programs – Academics, Athletics and Activities
- Chambers of Commerce
What we give is important, but the passion and spirit behind our contributions means even more.
Over the years UMC employees joined together to gather food during the food drive, planted trees during Arbor Day, and gave blood during the blood mobiles. UMC also matched gifts that employees made to the causes and organizations that meant the most to them. When we look back, we can be proud of the impact we’ve made together.
Giving back is an important part of UMC’s history and identity. Thank you for the spirit of generosity you bring to your work here at UMC and to our community. Here is to creating a lasting impact together.Don Tomann, CEO & Owner