Machines, Materials & Technology
With state-of-the-art machines, unique technologies, advanced materials, and a powerful supply chain, UMC’s shop is the perfect platform for our team of expert engineers and machinists to develop complex parts and products.
From swiss to mill to automation and more, we’re constantly reinvesting in the latest and greatest machine tool technology.
- 9-axis – DMG Mori: NTX1000 (4), NTX1000 Gen2 (2), NT3150 (1), NT3200 (3)
- Triple Turret – DMG Mori: NZX1500 (2)
- Horizontal Matsuura: ES-450H (1)
- 4-axis Matsuura: 800 VG (1), 800 VG2 (1)
- 4- axis Haas: VF3 (2)
- 4-axis DMG Mori: NVX5080 (2)
- 4-axis Okuma: MB-46VAE (2)
- 4-axis Fanuc: RoboDrill (1)
- 5-axis Matsuura: 800 VG2 (3), MX520 (1), MX520 w/ Fanuc Robot (1), MX520 PC4 (2), MX330 PC10 (4)
- 5-axis Haas: VF3 (4)
- 5-axis Okuma: M460V-5AX (4)
- 5-axis Chiron: FZ12 MT (2), FZ12 KS (1)
- Turn/Turn/Mill Cell: Mori Seiki: SL-250B (1), Mori Seiki: SL-250BMC (1), Matsuura: 800 VG2 (1)
- Mori Seiki: SL250B (1), SL253B (1), SL253BMC (1), NL2000 (1)
- Nakamura SC300 (1)
- Eguro Nuclet-10GL (1)
- Citizen: L20 (2), M20 (2)
- Star: SR-20RIV Type B (2)
- Charmilles: 440CC (3), 240 CC (3), 200 SP (1)
- (2) 3R Robots automating 6 of the EDM’s
- Turn – Haas: SL-20T (2)
- Mill – Hass: VF-3SS (1), VF-3B (1)
- Plastic 3D Printing – Fortus: 450MC (1)
- Plastic 3D Printing – F370 (1)
- Laser Marking – Foba: M3000P
- Electrochemical Deburring
- Zeiss Duramax 555 CMM (3)
- Zeiss Contura G2 CMM (2)
- Zeiss O-Inspect (1)
- Brown & Sharp Mistral 775 CCM (2)
- Brown & Sharp One 7.7.5 CMM (1)
- Brown & Sharp Global 575 CMM (12)
- Micro-Vu Vertex 251UC VCMM (3)
- Keyence Vision System VCMM (5)
UMC has developed unique technology to integrate our production and inspection equipment.
Our talented staff has undergone rigorous training to optimize this technology and deliver ultimate value for our customers through quality, speed to market, and cost savings.
UMC leverages industry leading technology in our facilities. Here is a sampling of the software and systems that we operate with: Epicor, Pro Engineer, MasterCAM, 1factory, QC Calc, Minitab, Vericut and WebDNC.
For five decades, we’ve mastered the use of these materials to deliver superior products.
High Temperature Alloys
- 2000 Series
- 6000 Series
- 7000 Series
- 1000 Series
- 1100 Series
- Ti-6Al-4V ELI
- Other Ti grades
- Bronze Brass
- 300 Series
- 400 Series
You can rely on our integrated, timely, and scalable supply chain.
Our partnerships with global leaders rely on flexibility, ingenuity and speed. We manage a reliable and robust supply base to maximize supply chain efficiency and customer value. Planning and communication ensure our operations are optimized throughout the supply chain. We focus on creating alignment throughout our production as well as with our suppliers, giving them timely visibility to requirements and streamlined flow down to their operations.
The foundation of our supply chain is built on a core ERP system, thorough capacity planning, MRP, stringent business processes, and supplier validation. We enhance customer value by offering supplier managed inventory, customer inventory, and dock-to-stock shipping. We employ closed loop materials management, real-time tracking of production operations, and systems traceability.
Our focus on continuous improvement and use of Lean Manufacturing and Six Sigma practices have allowed us to continue to streamline efficiencies across our supply chain. We strive to exceed customer expectations by continually strengthening our processes and systems. We carefully manage resources by maintaining optimal levels of capacity, labor, and inventory. You can rely on our integrated systems and processes to meet your needs.
We also manage a robust supply base and we partner with leading providers of anodization, laser welding, chrome plating, passivation, electropolishing, sinker EDM, gun drilling, grinding, heat treat, stamping, and electro-chemical etch. When partnering with UMC, you can trust that quality is at the top of our list.
We have a state-of-the-art precision manufacturing facility.
Our 130,000+ sq. ft. campus features two environmentally controlled production floors for optimum consistency paralleled with true lighting. The automated inspection lab is a highlight of our operations along with a dedicated prototyping department and robotic capabilities.