- 1st Shift Monday-Thursday or Tuesday-Friday 6:00AM-4:30PM
- 2nd Shift Monday-Thursday 4:30PM-3:00AM
At UMC we are always looking for passionate individuals and industry leaders who are ready to apply their experience, skills and knowledge using state-of-the-art equipment, new technology, and innovative thinking. The Quality Inspector will inspect and disposition products using gauges, coordinate measuring machine, scales, and vision to ensure products are consistent with established standards, customer specifications and production goals.
The primary duties and responsibilities of the Quality Inspector consist of but are not limited to:
- Under readily available supervision performs a variety of inspection functions including: First piece for finishing dept, parts / products or materials being produced in house or received from suppliers.
- Performs repetitive inspection following standardized methods and procedures
- Use and read precision measuring instruments including optical comparator, micrometers, calipers etc.
- Checks finish, dimensions and hardness of parts and materials
- Accurately and reliably enter data into quality systems
- Works with machinists to assist in inspection methods
- Visual acuity
- Fine motor dexterity
- Frequent use of hands and upper extremities in fine and gross manipulation with parts
- Prolonged standing/walking or sitting ranging from 2-6 hours as needed for inspection task
- Lifting Requirements: 40 LBS
- Must be able to meet customer demand requirements for performing visual inspection and/or other product acceptance activities with or without accommodation
- Exhibit a working knowledge of health and safety, responsible for safety awareness, while upholding and improving the culture of safety within the organization. Identify opportunities for improvement and take action if appropriate, before a problem occurs. Report potential hazards, unsafe working conditions, unsafe equipment, unsafe acts, and injuries immediately
- Other tasks as assigned
- Minimum Requirements – High School Diploma or equivalent
- Work experience of 1 year + experience working in Quality Inspection in a manufacturing environment.
- Background in machining preferred
- Experience with visual inspection, Smart Scope, and CMM Machines a plus
- Strong mathematic skills
- Able to interpret blueprints at a basic level
- Good communication skills both verbal and written
- Ability to keep accurate records
- Ability to follow documented procedures and standards
Working at UMC
Our employees are dedicated to making a difference and improving people’s quality of life. As part of our team, you will work on life-enhancing products which include components for medical devices and implants, parts for the aerospace industry, transportation, and energy technologies. We believe that our success is directly related to the positive culture and high-performance standards that drive our excellent level of customer satisfaction. Our path to growth is paved by investing in our people.
The strategy is simple: when our people grow, our company grows. The key is linking growth in individuals to those activities that unlock energy and services that our customers value.
Our employees have an unparalleled spirit of commitment and ingenuity. We’re a strong team of skilled individuals working together to create solutions for our customers. We offer many exciting and challenging careers and our employees enjoy competitive salaries and comprehensive benefits. UMC supports professional development and work-life balance resulting in the retention of highly skilled employees.
- Department: Quality
- Date: February 28, 2019
- Reports To: Manager of Quality Services
- Job Family: Technical/Production
- Location: Monticello, MN
- Job Group: Production
- OT Status: Not Exempt
- Shift: 1st or 2nd Shift
- Relocation Available: No