Pre-Apprentice / Machine Apprentice
Ultra Machining Company is dedicated to making a difference and improving people’s quality of life. We deliver life-enhancing products which include medical devices and implants, transportation and energy technologies. Joining our team means working alongside passionate individuals who are committed to our core values of integrity, innovation and quality. Help us build the future of manufacturing by leveraging your creativity, expertise, ambition, and can-do attitude. We are a strong team growing towards a bright future. Join us if you have the aspirations, skills, and problem-solving savvy to contribute to our success.
The Apprentice works numerous areas of the machine shop mentoring on the machines, systems, and processes under machinist guidance. Observes and/or performs hands on work based on mentor’s comfort level on apprentice’s comprehension of safety, quality, and demonstrated good work ethics to perform tasks.
The primary duties and responsibilities of the Machine Apprentice consist of but are not limited to:
- Manage a reasonable work schedule that doesn’t affect grades, performs assigned tasks from mentor safely with good quality ratings and reasonable productivity output.
- Good communication with Manager on current grades, work status, and scheduling conflicts with school work
- Work with facility manager and mentors on how to operate various machines in the organization
- Exhibit a working knowledge of health and safety, responsible for safety awareness, while upholding and improving the culture of safety within the organization. Identify opportunities for improvement and take action if appropriate, before a problem occurs. Report potential hazards, unsafe working conditions, unsafe equipment, unsafe acts, and injuries immediately
- Other tasks as assigned
- Completion of one year or a two year machinist program or registered to start first year of machinist program
- Displays strong mechanical aptitude, cultural adeptness, willingness to learn/grow within the company, commitment to two year machining degree or similar education path, long term commitment to a career in machine trades
- Strong mechanical aptitude
- Proficient use of computers
- Good communication skills both verbal and written
- Department: Manufacturing
- Date: September 29, 2021
- Reports To: Supervisor of Production
- Job Family: Technical/Production
- Location: Monticello, MN
- Job Group: Production
- OT Status: Not Exempt
- Shift: Monday-Friday Flexible
- Relocation Available: No